Tuesday, 31 March 2009

I'm in a bit of a delay updating this blog. I started animating a while ago and the animation for the office part is almost finished now. This week I'll set up the hallway.
The orangered sky you see behind the set is from another students project.

Monday, 30 March 2009

It's the Princess!

The 5th of March, our very own Princess Mathilde decided to come and visit our school. She also brought a whole crowd from the press. These people are nuts! The press I mean.

Tuesday, 24 March 2009

Puppet dress-up

The heads are cast in 2-component polyurethane (PU). I filled the holes (caused by the air bubbles) with Milliput.

For the cops' armatures I used a mix of ball 'n' socket parts and souldered kns with twisted aluminium wire. This armature doesn't have a spine, but these characters don't need it that much for the movie. It also makes them more durable.

Snipping foam or mattres foam, which I got from my grandfathers attic, is an easy and fast way to give the characters volume. The feet you see in the picture are also cast in polyurethane, directly onto the armatures feet.
And then it's off to the fabric store! This was harder then I thought. If there is one advise I can give you, it will be this: buy THIN fabric! Puppets don't like thick clothes.

Finished Sets

Finally, the finished sets. For some reason, I forgot to take a picture of the hallway. I'll post some pictures of it later on.

The exterior set has a halogen lamp in it, which will be the main light source.