Tuesday, 24 March 2009

Puppet dress-up

The heads are cast in 2-component polyurethane (PU). I filled the holes (caused by the air bubbles) with Milliput.

For the cops' armatures I used a mix of ball 'n' socket parts and souldered kns with twisted aluminium wire. This armature doesn't have a spine, but these characters don't need it that much for the movie. It also makes them more durable.

Snipping foam or mattres foam, which I got from my grandfathers attic, is an easy and fast way to give the characters volume. The feet you see in the picture are also cast in polyurethane, directly onto the armatures feet.
And then it's off to the fabric store! This was harder then I thought. If there is one advise I can give you, it will be this: buy THIN fabric! Puppets don't like thick clothes.

1 comment:

jriggity said...

cool ....

Ill be back!